2/15/2010

Getty Museum

I like the Getty Museum, because there are lots of interesting and inspirational artworks. I could find different interesting things and different aesthetic aspects every time when I visit Getty.




One of the interesting artwork in the Getty Museum was "The Tomb of Madame Langhas". This artwork showed a lady bursting through the tomb slab with her infant son. It has a very emotional execution for me, which reminded me a new born and death in between human's life.



The "Still Life: Tea Set" by Jean-Etienne Liotard used oil and canvas and mounted on board. The artist created a delightful Rococo Paradox by suggesting messiness ad informality with his meticulous technique and careful composition. The strong contract on background made the objects were more realistic as better as taken by photography.




Every time when I looked at "The Portal of Rouen Cathedral in Morning Light by Claude Monet, It gave me different feeling on it. Its richly textured surface on which light and atmosphere play with infinite and colorful variation. I thought that was the reflection on water or on mirror.




This was "Christ with the Crown of Thorns" by Guido Reni. Artistic used Oil on copper. actually I saw a lot of painting of Christ, but this art work gave me some kind of quiet and tranquility feeling when I was viewing. I thought it because color usage and its smooth light source that made the entire image soft enough. The facial expression reminded me Christian belief of Christ's dual nature as "True God and True Man".



This was craved relief of Limewood. Although there had no any color in this piece of art work, it created as an artistic expression. The aspect of three dimension were very unique, also the details of craving technique made that object were very relativistic.

No comments: